You love taking care of people and are passionate about what moves us all. You know that foot pain and disease can hold people back from living their best life, and you value playing a critical role in removing those barriers.
If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
We’re BioPed Footcare, and we love to improve the life of our clients. We know that every client’s pain is different and with over 40 years’ experience and 65+ clinics across Canada, we have seen it all. We are the leaders in lower limb and footcare. As part of our network of independent clinics, you will own your neighborhood and be supported by 200+ peers nationally, sharing in information and knowledge to not only better serve your clients, but to help you grow in your own career.
Our mission is to empower people to live their lives to the fullest by helping to alleviate their foot pain. To continue to help our clients do more in life, work, and play, we’re looking for a Footcare Nurse for our BioPed local clinic.
About the Footcare Nurse role:
As our new Footcare Nurse, your goal is to help our patients achieve and maintain proper foot care and lower limb health so they can live healthy and active lives. You’ll do this by:
- Confidently performing treatment for skin and nail conditions of the foot
- Providing footcare nursing intervention for common pathologies of the feet (including corns, callus, thickened and/or fungal nails, ingrown toenails, and warts.
- Providing individualized treatment plans for patients including recommendations for emollients, dressings, silicone devices, footwear, and preventative care for people with diabetes
- Educating patients on how to maintain their foot health at home
- Ensuring instruments are reprocessed according to college guidelines and Public Health standards
- Maintaining a thorough and accurate patient health record or chart
- Practicing independently and collaboratively with our multidisciplinary BioPed team to optimize patient’s health and well-being
You’ll excel in this role if you are:
- Compassionate – you’re calm, warm, understanding, and you always make your patients feel valued and supported when you collaborate with them.
- A team player – you have an all-hands-on-deck mentality and are always willing to jump in and support your team wherever needed.
- Conscientious – you’re passionate about your field, and you’re always eager to share best practices to continuously improve and keep up with industry trends.
- A problem solver – you’re an excellent listener, and you can gather information effectively from patients to minimize their concerns and resolve their issues.
We want to know what you absolutely love within your scope of practice so we can offer you opportunities to grow personally, professionally and the way you envision (e.g., leading, teaching, creating clinical programs, supporting student development through coaching, clinic ownership, marketing etc.).
We have efficient and sophisticated programs and tools (including our on-site fully equipped clinical rooms), so you’ll benefit from our modern, technology-based clinical environment and enjoy support in all aspects of your role.
About this opportunity with BioPed Footcare:
This is an opportunity for you to have part-time, full-time permanent or contract position working out of your local clinic typically from Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm.
You’ll earn a competitive salary commensurate with experience including potential for a team bonus plan. New graduates welcome! You’ll be eligible for our health benefits, employee purchase plan, and paid attendance at our BioPed national conference as an employee. We also pay for uniforms/work gear, offer discounted personal footcare products, pay for certification courses/other continuing education, plus offer considerable opportunities for growth and advancement.
We are passionate about giving back to our community through our Soles4Souls program and our Do More campaign. Together with our clients, we have collected over 500,000 gently used shoes to distribute to people in need here in Canada and in developing countries and have helped to empower people out of poverty.
Our collaborative, approachable, and eager to help team leads with integrity and takes a practical approach to client care. We have a genuine passion for helping people Do More and live pain free – whether that means getting through a day of work without limitations, chasing after their grandchildren, or running a marathon.
If this sounds like the kind of company you want to build a career with, we can’t wait to meet you.
- Valid registration with a provincial nursing College, as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- Advanced footcare nurse training and certification preferred but basic foot care training can be built upon if you are a good fit for our team
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment or clinical retail setting an asset
- Willing to travel and access to reliable insured vehicle an asset, if required
- Foot care for people with diabetes and compression therapy training an asset
- Must have access to liability insurance
How to Apply:
If you want to build your career and grow with us, please apply now. We believe in building a team that reflects the diversity of the world we live in, and we encourage applications from all groups including those that are traditionally underrepresented. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We’ll review all applications and will reach out directly to those whom we wish to move forward within our recruitment process, and we look forward to hearing from you.