- Co-ops and recent graduates welcome, part-time or full-time hours available (must be available to work Saturday’s)
- Earn to Learn – Opportunity to test drive a career in the Pedorthic industry while learning from experienced healthcare professionals in a supportive and modern environment
- Autonomy and opportunities for growth and ongoing career development
Whether you’re a current student or a recent graduate, you’re curious about exploring a career in the Pedorthic industry. You want to join an allied health clinic where you’ll have the chance to work alongside experienced professionals, gain valuable skills, and learn everything you possibly can, all while making a difference in the lives of others.
If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
We’re BioPed Footcare, and we love to improve the life of our clients. We know that every client’s pain is different and with over 40 years’ experience and 65+ clinics across Canada, we have seen it all. We are the leaders in lower limb and footcare. As part of our network of independent clinics, you will own your neighborhood and be supported by 200+ peers nationally, sharing in information and knowledge to not only better serve your clients, but to help you grow in your own career.
Our mission is to empower people to live their lives to the fullest by helping them alleviate their foot pain. To continue to help our clients do more in life, work, and play, we’re looking for a Kinesiology/Health Science Student for our clinic.
About the Kinesiology/Health Science Student role:
In this role, you’ll get a feel for the industry as you support our clinic operations and shadow a Certified Pedorthist. Based on your skills and interests, you’ll have the opportunity to do things like:
- Interact directly with patients
- Learn about and participate in orthotic fabrication
- Complete fittings for knee and ankle braces as well as compression socks
- Attain certifications for specific therapeutic areas of interest
- Become part of our BioPed peer network and engage with industry partners, vendors and other healthcare partners
You’ll get a valuable introduction to our business operations, marketing, healthcare/other industry partners and will gain a rich understanding of the industry. You’ll have a varied learning experience, as you’ll be exposed to the wide variety of people we get to help –from pediatrics to athletes to acute and chronic cases, and everything in between.
You’ll excel in this role if you are:
- Eager to learn – you’re open-minded and excited to absorb everything you learn like a sponge. You seek out opportunities to learn and explore because you believe the more you know, the more you can innovate and make positive changes.
- Empathetic– you’re calm, warm, understanding, and you’re excited to showcase your excellent bedside manner.
- Passionate – you’ve always known your career would have something to do with helping people, and your passion for what you do always shines through in your work.
- A team player – you have an all-hands-on-deck mentality and are always willing to jump in and support your team wherever needed.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone considering a career in orthopedic care and will allow you to test drive the field and get to know the ins and outs of this career path. You’ll get to see how your knowledge of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics can apply practically in the real world, all while making lasting connections and a significant difference in people’s lives.
About this opportunity with BioPed Footcare:
Here’s some of what you’ll enjoy working with us:
- A competitive rate with the option to work part-time or full-time and health benefits for full-time
- Access to our employee purchase plan
- Paid uniforms/work gear
- Discounted personal footcare products
- Paid certification courses/other continuing education, plus considerable opportunities for growth and advancement – you’ll be able to build your career with us and grow into a full-time role once you’ve completed your studies
We are passionate about giving back to our community through our Soles4Souls program and our Do More campaign. Together with our clients, we have collected over 500,000 gently used shoes to distribute to people in need here in Canada and in developing countries and have helped to empower people out of poverty.
Our collaborative, approachable, and eager to help team leads with integrity and takes a practical approach to client care. We have a genuine passion for helping people Do More and live pain free – whether that means getting through a day of work without limitations, chasing after their grandchildren, or running a marathon.
If this sounds like the kind of company you want to build a career with, we can’t wait to meet you.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to catch on to new programs/tools quickly
- Currently in the process of obtaining, or having recently obtained a university degree in kinesiology or health sciences
- Availability to work out of our clinic, including on Saturday’s
- Experience engaging with patients/clients in a similar setting would be an asset but is not required
How to Apply:
If you want to build your career and grow with us, please apply now. We believe in building a team that reflects the diversity of the world we live in, and we encourage applications from all groups including those that are traditionally underrepresented. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We’ll review all applications and will reach out directly to those whom we wish to move forward within our recruitment process, and we look forward to hearing from you.